Rock 106.1 and Alpha Storm Central have got you covered for all of the latest post Hurricane Irma updates.
The six radio stations of ALPHA Media will be providing Alpha Storm Central Coverage of Hurricane Irma. So tune to any of the 6 ALPHA Media stations for updates. Bob 106.9, Rock 106.1, G100, Rewind 107.9, 98.3 Hank FM and 93.5 the Island.
CLICK HERE All current Chatham County road closure information
You may re-enter Chatham County including Tybee.
Hilton Head Island is open for re-entry, however the other barrier islands are not.
Liberty County is open for re-entry.
Glynn County is still closed at this time.
Please keep in mind that no matter where you are returning to there are a lot of areas will with out power. And please be careful when returning home.
Chatham County Information:
- Major roads and bridge open.
- Still power outages – treat non-working traffic lights like 4-way stops!
- Check http://www.chathamcounty.org/road-closures or call 511 for smaller roads
- Sav/Chatham Schools open Monday
- Savannah State, Georgia Southern, Armstrong, Savannah Tech open Thursday
- Candler Hospital opens Weds; Memorial and St Joseph’s already open
- County Offices and Courts open Weds.
- For County Questions call 912-201-4500
- No curfew!
- Chatham County Public Works:
- Beginning Thursday, crews will be removing debris in the unincorporated areas
- Place your storm debris at the curb for collection. Separate vegetative debris from bulk waste.
- Debris should be placed as close to the roadway as possible, but not in the roadway.
- Loose materials, such as leaves and twigs, must be containerized.
- The Chevis Road Drop-off Center and the Wilmington Island (Concord Road) Drop-off Center will be open beginning at 8:30 am Wednesday
- The Sharon Drop-off Center on Kelly Hill Road will be open beginning at 8:30 am Thursday
- We encourage residents to assess whether their property suffered any structural damage. Take pictures of all damaged property.
- Contact your homeowners
- To report damage to public facilities, downed power lines and trees, flooding and washout please utilize our Chatham Connect app, along with social media pages or call (912) 201-4500.
- Be prepared to provide the exact address or intersecting roads for the location you are referencing.
Cities of Chatham County:
• Some residents still do not have power.
If residents without power use a grinder pump, it is advised that they not use their bathrooms. Georgia Power has already been contacted and is prioritizing these residents since this poses a health issue.
• All water and wastewater systems are functionally normally.
• Waste Management of Savannah will begin collections with Garden City on its normal schedule for both recycling and trash tomorrow, with normal schedules being run all week.
• All city departments to include City Hall will reopen Wednesday
• City Hall will open Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
• Municipal court for Wednesday, September 13th has been cancelled.
• Regular trash service schedule will resume on Wednesday
• Court for September 12th and September 14th has been cancelled.
• Pooler Police Department officers have been helping assess damage.
• City services are expected to resume at 10:00 am on Wednesday and will operate as usual.
• Residents should call 311 to report debris or schedule pick up.
• Town Hall will reopen Wednesday, September 13, 2017 with limited staff.
• Garbage and yard debris pickup will start Wednesday at 6AM.
• Damage assessment teams are active. If you have property damage photos please send them to email@example.com or text to 912-856-8939
• Hwy 80 is open
• Water and sewer systems are fully functional.
• Atlantic Waste will resume garbage and recycle pick up on Thursday, September 14th.
• Atlantic Waste will collect yard debris on Friday, September 15th, and Saturday, September 16th.
• Beaufort County School Starts Wednesday, regular schedule
• Damage Assessment: Teams from the County, City of Beaufort, and the towns of Bluffton, Hilton Head Island, and Port Royal will all be out assessing. Starting Weds morning and going all week!
• Beaufort County Hurricane Info: 800-963-5023 or 843-255-4000
Town of Bluffton:
• The Town of Bluffton will resume regular business hours Wednesday, September 13.The Town’s Customer Service Center phone number is 843-706-4500.
• Waste Management Trash/Recycling Resumes Regular Schedule Wednesday Sept. 13
• Monday and Tuesday routes will be collected on normal schedule on Monday and Tuesday, September 18 and 19. Waste Management representatives said due to Monday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 12 routes not collected this week because of the evacuation, Waste Management representatives will pay close attention to extra waste outside of carts and will collect this material as well.
• Waste Management residents are being asked to continue to place only allowed recyclables into the recycle bins.
Beaufort County Islands:
Hilton Head Island:
• Island is open but be careful as some power is still being restored and some damage repaired and assessed.
• Unlike in Hurricane Matthew, the Island experienced damage in limited areas; therefore, inspections of structures will not be Island-wide but will occur in areas most impacted by flooding. These inspections may be useful in determining the amount of damage throughout Beaufort County, which may result in a Federal Declaration. Inspectors will leave behind a placard at each inspected structure to communicate the results of their inspection. The color of the placard (Red, Yellow or Green) indicates the condition of the structure and estimated level of damage. If you believe you have storm damage related to Hurricane Irma and have not received a placard by Friday, September 22, 2017, please notify the Town at 843-341-4757 to request an inspection of your structure.
• All Town Beaches and Parks open Weds
• All Town Pedestrian Pathways are considered closed.
• The Jasper County School District will resume classes Wednesday, with a 2-hour delay. Instructional time begins at the elementary schools at 9:30 am and at the middle and high school at 10:30 am.
• Please be aware the many areas of the County are still without power and debris is on many of the roadways. Residents are urged to use caution when returning home.
• Liberty County Schools Open Thursday.
• Please visit www.libertycountyga.com, www.facebook.com/libertycounty or call (912) 368-2201 for more information.
• Bryan County Schools Open Thursday
• Waste Management will begin collections on normal schedule for both trash and recycling Wednesday
• For General County Information: 912-858-4636
• Effingham County Schools open Thursday.
• Republic Service resumes Wednesday 7am on regular routes. Recycling is suspended until further notice; customers can use both cans for trash. Pick-ups will continue on regularly scheduled trash days to pick up both cans.
• Waste Management – plans to resume service Wednesday on regular routes. Recycling and trash is to be kept separated as normal. Pick-ups will continue on regularly scheduled days..
• Statewide Burn Ban: The Georgia Forestry Commission has issued a Statewide Burn Ban to last, at minimum, through the duration of the State of Emergency.
• Effingham County-Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD): anyone with damage to home or property can call 1-800-451-1954 now through September 30, 2017. This hotline will connect survivors with reputable and vetted relief agencies that will assist in chainsaw work, debris cleanup, and mucking out. All services are free, but service is not guaranteed due to the overwhelming need, please call ASAP.
• Effingham County General Hurricane Information: 912-754-8206
• The county is not blocked from entering but is still deemed unsafe to come back due to power lines and trees down due to power outages
• We have also issued a boil water order for the county
• The 8pm to 8am curfew is still in effect for the entire county
• ALL McIntosh County Schools will remain closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and will remain closed until it is determined that it is safe to resume school. For information updates, call 912.437.9000.
• Still under Evacuation Order – Only Phase 2 Critical Workforce allowed in!
• School Closed through Friday
Dedicated Public Information Lines:
Bryan 912-858-4636, follow the Bryan Emergency Management Agency on Twitter @BryanCountyEMA
Effingham 912-754-8206, follow Effingham County Emergency Management Agency on Facebook, or www.effinghamcounty.org
Chatham 912-201-4500, text CHATHAMEMA to 40404, follow the Chatham Emergency Management Agency on Facebook or on Twitter @ChathamEMA
Glynn If you live in Glynn County, go to the www.GlynnCounty.org, or follow the Glynn County Emergency Management Agency on Facebook, or on Twitter @GlynnCounty.
Liberty 912-368-2201 or www.libertycountyga.com
School cancellations in preparation for Hurricane Irma
- Savannah Chatham County Public Schools return on Monday September 18th
- Glynn County Schools are closed starting Friday, September 8th- Tuesday September 12th.
- Bryan County Schools are closed starting Friday, September 8th- Tuesday September 12th.
- Effingham County Schools are closed starting Friday, September 8th- Tuesday September 12th.
- Beaufort County School District –All school-related activities, including field trips and athletic events, are canceled until further notice. Decisions on any school schedule changes next week will be made on Friday.
- Jasper County School District will be closed on Friday and Monday. All athletics and student activities are canceled until further notice, according to a district news release.
- SCAD- delaying start of school and student return until Thursday September 14th. Students returning to Savannah will not be able to move into their residence’s until Saturday September 16th. Students currently on Savannah’s SCAD campus will begin being transported to Atlanta and SCAD’s Atlanta campus.
- Savannah State University- Classes are cancelled through Wednesday September 13,2017.
- Armstrong State University- Classes are canceled through Wednesday September 13th.
- University of South Carolina Beaufort will remain open until Friday September 8th at 12pm.
- Charleston Southern University will close it’s campus Thursday September 7th at 9pm. The campus has a mandatory evacuation in place, all students must be off campus Friday at 12pm.
- Technical College of the Low Country has cancelled all classes starting at 12pm Thursday- indefinitely.
- South University Savannah campus will be closed starting Saturday September 9th- Wednesday September 13th.
- Georgia Southern University’s Statesboro campus classes cancelled through Wednesday Sept. 13. Georgia Southern University’s on-campus residence halls will remain open.
- To find out if there is an outage in your area, please visit:http://outagemap.georgiapower.com/external/default.html
- Please notify Georgia Power of power outages by calling 1-888-891-0938 or by visiting their website at
- To report damage to public facilities, downed power lines and trees, flooding and washout, visit or the Chatham County, Georgia, Facebook page